Business Enterprises and Governments are struggling to cope with the relentless speed of change. Though information technology has helped them in the past in becoming more efficient and effective, the pace of emergence of digital technologies is continually putting pressure on their IT infrastructure and services management.
Competing agendas, like speed and security, need to be addressed together. It’s like juggling many balls together and do so adeptly. The traditional designs and methods of managing the IT infrastructure and services are becoming irrelevant in meeting the growing and competing demands on IT.
Hybrid IT has become the new reality. It is disrupting many processes in IT organizations and contributing to its complexity – it brings with it a complex combination of traditional and cloud computing, along with IoT and edge computing.
To enable the disparate entities work in tandem and seamlessly with each other, organizations have to take a holistic, analytics-driven approach. They have to master hybrid IT with new agility—bridging traditional and transformational IT services from mainframe to mobile, from corporate to cloud while securing what matters most – i.e, identities, applications, and data.
That’s the biggest challenge the tech leaders are facing today, for which a digital transformation drive is undertaken by many. What they need is an automated and simplified IT Infrastructure and services management platform that can help them meet the big ask. There are five key technology imperatives that such platform must help the tech leaders achieve –
1. Simplify the existing IT infrastructure and applications
2. Modernize the legacy applications and account for cloud-native ones
3. Improve software development and delivery mechanisms and processes
4. Enhance the cybersecurity posture across all processes, and
5. Generate adequate insights about business operations for efficiency as well as discovery of newer business models
With an extensive suite of applications developed internally, and through acquisitions (most notable of which was the merger of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise [HPE] Software business in 2017), Micro Focus envisions to serve organizations in four distinct areas: Enterprise DevOps, Hybrid IT management (including IT operations, and cloud management), Security, Risk and Governance, and Predictive Analytics.
• Enterprise DevOps—Build and deliver better software faster: To win the race to innovate requires a high-speed approach and our solutions in this field unleashes the power of DevOps across the hybrid IT landscape, quickly bringing innovative ideas to life at the pace of business to securely deliver high quality software and services faster and smoother.
• Hybrid IT Management — Run and transform: Information technology is evolving at a very fast pace – that include IT Infrastructure, services and even purchasing models. Maximizing business value and accelerating outcomes provokes enterprises to find new ways to extend existing investments and take advantage of new platforms – from containers to public clouds to IoT. We, at Micro Focus help organizations run ITOps at the speed of DevOps, delivering services on demand and generating operational and business insights, all while helping corporates address security, compliance and governance requirements. OpsBridge, our IOps platform, is the world’s first containerized, service-oriented, and autonomous monitoring solution that is enterprise-grade, highly scalable, and comprehensive.
• Predictive Analytics—Analyze in time to act: Data lakes can be valuable only if businesses can surface the insights hidden within its depths. Micro Focus helps leverage ML to transform unlimited and huge amount of data into accurate, actionable and automated insights at the speed of any business. It helps corporates to be in a position to make predictions and influence business outcomes quickly and efficiently with comprehensive and relevant realtime intelligence.
• Security, Risk, and Governance—Secure what matters the most: With the rise in technology usage and data security – as a major concern, cyberthreats have escalated at an exponential level. Aging apps and processes (along with new ones) are full of unforeseen risks and privacy and compliance requirements are mounting too. Micro Focus provides the industry’s broadest set of integrated security, risk, and governance solutions, with an analytics-driven approach to securing what matters most – identities, applications and data.
By delivering a complete set of customized solutions that can be integrated together and with existing legacy systems, we have differentiated ourselves by constantly matching the current and future reality of Enterprise IT. The breadth of the portfolio, depth of enabling analytics and proven ability to protect the organization’s most important assets gives customers the confidence they need to transform their business rapidly on their own terms and conditions.
At the end, it’s all about greater speed and flexibility with lower overall risk, in short meeting competing demands adeptly.